1,250 nanopods

Tips battling, building, and more

Moderators: KoolRanch, Ikki, Wombatt, StrainedEyes

Postby tourmby » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:05 am

If you are not mass producing tanks then obviously you don't need adv oil. My suggestion was to get adv oil IF he wanted to mass produce tanks.
Image
User avatar
tourmby
 

Postby skatertrix » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:37 am

tourmby wrote:If you are not mass producing tanks then obviously you don't need adv oil. My suggestion was to get adv oil IF he wanted to mass produce tanks.


Not sure if your opinion has changed since the last time we talked.
But don't listen! Don't get adv. anything if your friends can supply it with decorations! Friends can also mean alt. account!

I have a friend who is supplying me with 54 propane tanks. That's 2052 oil every 4 hours. About 500 every hour. If I wanted to. I could go occupy another 54 from another friend and double that!
1k per hour. Yea. It's that good.

What would 4 adv. oil rigs get you?

Just 800 oil/hr max. Assuming all four are level 10. And you actually bought 4 adv. oil, which nobody does.

This applies to coal and wood as well.
DEFENSOR FORTIS!
Image

VIVA LA BNA/G!

Check out my BattleNation Guides:
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=46025
User avatar
skatertrix
 

Postby skatertrix » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:39 am

If you don't understand how strategic occupations work, you should check out my guide. It's the second link in my signature.
DEFENSOR FORTIS!
Image

VIVA LA BNA/G!

Check out my BattleNation Guides:
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=46025
User avatar
skatertrix
 

Postby alexd15680 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 am

You don't need Adv oil rigs. Rank 4 oil rigs on the map to rank 10 and buy decorations for boost will be more than enough to supply oil for your units and produce tanks. Get the decorations right now since they are on sale.
Member of Equals
Completed BS tiers: BS-1=6,BS-2=9,BS-3=9,BS4=10,BS5=10,BS6=11,BS7= 11,BS 8 =11
How to join Equals: viewtopic.php?f=120&t=56017
For new members who wish to apply please contact Realiteer in Battle Nations game.
User avatar
alexd15680
 

Postby dan18350 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 am

I agree with skate wish I could occupy the propane tanks (in need of oil) but my 2 lvl 5 oil rigs are doing well SAVE UP UPDATE IS AROUND TEH CORNER
Raiders don't like me but that's okay
User avatar
dan18350
 

Postby Mhorhe28 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 am

The *essential* thing to spend nanos on is some storage. Something like 5 High Capacity Vaults should be fairly enough. You might have to buy an Underground Storage to get you there, but it would be best to avoid it.

The second essential thing to buy is a batch of (at least) 5 Mega Tanks. Game's starting to turn more brutal, you can bet you will need them. And that's not even counting the Ancient Sentinel..

Third thing to buy are some nano shops. Prestige units continue to hold appeal, and to get a decent star production going you NEED nano shops. Essential to this are at least 4-5 Home Defense Expos (a minimum of 25 000 xp per day), at least 1 Cocktail Lounge (2 would be best, but you can make due with 2 breweries instead at 1/2 of the nano cost), at least 1 Greenhouse (sole Spice provider still). For the rest you can fill up with regular shops - Goods for instance are by far best served with the Orphanage, Fields for Food and Frontier Butcher for Meat.

DON'T BUY ADV. MINES AND MILLS. Of any kind. Maaaaybe an Adv. Coal Mine would be worth it.
Reasons for this are many.

1) Occupations. It's fairly easy to rank up a slave to levels that allow sufficient occupation slots and the Chem Facility. Secondly, Clans are now part of the game, you should be able to find good trading partners. There are loads of things you can occupy to relieve the need for main production.

2) Time. What is there to do in this game between the (infrequent) updates? You will have all the time in the world, even if when you're actively leveling it does not seem so in the slightest. I have only one Adv. Mine (coal) and I have amassed a fairly sizable army while being completely inactive for fairly long periods of time.
By fairly sizable army I mean stuff like 50 Heavier Tanks, 50 Light Chemical Tanks, 100 Tank Killers etc.
You don't really need even that much, and you certainly don't need the numbers the seriously hardcore players field. Even if you're the most PvP obsessed fiend that wants to beat Beast (don't try it, you won't :P )

3) Supply and demand. Building either Adv. Mines or Mills will kind of.. lead to buying the other, and multiples of it. When your Adv. Steel Mills eat out too much iron and coal.. or when you're constantly in the red from your Adv. Mines.. you'll feel it's compulsory to make the upgrade.
It's not. Even if you're here for the long haul (I've been playing for 1 year and 1/2) there will be times all your greenback bought facilities will stagnate uselessly because you have better things to do.

DON'T BUY 90% OF THE TYPES OF NANO UNITS, OR AT LEAST DON'T BUY MANY OF THEM. At least not unless Z2 implements some sort of upgrade to them. Most are useless and overpriced, and even the best ones turn obsolete. There's always better stuff around the corner.

DON'T BUY NANO HOUSING. Just.. don't. Invest 15 mins a day in Trade Nations and TN: North Pole and get some haciendas.

DON'T GO WILD ON NANO BOOSTERS. A few are a necessity - the xp boosters - but not the resource ones. Great non - premium boosters are implemented now and again. Think the long term. SP boosts are good to save some of your time when ranking units (that's a huge pain).

DON'T WASTE NANOS ON RUSHING OR RESOURCES. That's like the big no-no of the game.
Image
Support the "Give Us Nano Units Upgrades!" Thread today!
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=46519
User avatar
Mhorhe28
 

Postby Thecondemned » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 am

Mhorhe28 wrote:The *essential* thing to spend nanos on is some storage. Something like 5 High Capacity Vaults should be fairly enough. You might have to buy an Underground Storage to get you there, but it would be best to avoid it.

The second essential thing to buy is a batch of (at least) 5 Mega Tanks. Game's starting to turn more brutal, you can bet you will need them. And that's not even counting the Ancient Sentinel..

Third thing to buy are some nano shops. Prestige units continue to hold appeal, and to get a decent star production going you NEED nano shops. Essential to this are at least 4-5 Home Defense Expos (a minimum of 25 000 xp per day), at least 1 Cocktail Lounge (2 would be best, but you can make due with 2 breweries instead at 1/2 of the nano cost), at least 1 Greenhouse (sole Spice provider still). For the rest you can fill up with regular shops - Goods for instance are by far best served with the Orphanage, Fields for Food and Frontier Butcher for Meat.

DON'T BUY ADV. MINES AND MILLS. Of any kind. Maaaaybe an Adv. Coal Mine would be worth it.
Reasons for this are many.

1) Occupations. It's fairly easy to rank up a slave to levels that allow sufficient occupation slots and the Chem Facility. Secondly, Clans are now part of the game, you should be able to find good trading partners. There are loads of things you can occupy to relieve the need for main production.

2) Time. What is there to do in this game between the (infrequent) updates? You will have all the time in the world, even if when you're actively leveling it does not seem so in the slightest. I have only one Adv. Mine (coal) and I have amassed a fairly sizable army while being completely inactive for fairly long periods of time.
By fairly sizable army I mean stuff like 50 Heavier Tanks, 50 Light Chemical Tanks, 100 Tank Killers etc.
You don't really need even that much, and you certainly don't need the numbers the seriously hardcore players field. Even if you're the most PvP obsessed fiend that wants to beat Beast (don't try it, you won't :P )

3) Supply and demand. Building either Adv. Mines or Mills will kind of.. lead to buying the other, and multiples of it. When your Adv. Steel Mills eat out too much iron and coal.. or when you're constantly in the red from your Adv. Mines.. you'll feel it's compulsory to make the upgrade.
It's not. Even if you're here for the long haul (I've been playing for 1 year and 1/2) there will be times all your greenback bought facilities will stagnate uselessly because you have better things to do.

DON'T BUY 90% OF THE TYPES OF NANO UNITS, OR AT LEAST DON'T BUY MANY OF THEM. At least not unless Z2 implements some sort of upgrade to them. Most are useless and overpriced, and even the best ones turn obsolete. There's always better stuff around the corner.

DON'T BUY NANO HOUSING. Just.. don't. Invest 15 mins a day in Trade Nations and TN: North Pole and get some haciendas.

DON'T GO WILD ON NANO BOOSTERS. A few are a necessity - the xp boosters - but not the resource ones. Great non - premium boosters are implemented now and again. Think the long term. SP boosts are good to save some of your time when ranking units (that's a huge pain).

DON'T WASTE NANOS ON RUSHING OR RESOURCES. That's like the big no-no of the game.


Wow this is some bad advice. You're basically saying he should buy even more nano's than he already has. Cause everything you just said he has to buy cost a small fortune. Nano shops is not necessary at all. I get 45.000xp/day without any nano shops and it's fine. He doesn't need 4 high capacity vaults. He'll have a surplus of population ... Agree about the mega's though ..
And about other nano-units, that's his choice. People who are not in a clan don't care about only the best units, they want to enjoy the game with different units, test other stuff than only mega's and HCT's.

And for the advanced mines etc you're right in my opinion, no need of those. Rank all mines up to 10 and you'll manage just fine.
- VR -

BS1 - T7, BS2 - T8, BS3 - T11, BS4 - T10, BS5 - T10, BS6 - T11, BS7 - T12, BS8 - T12
User avatar
Thecondemned
 

Postby Mhorhe28 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:40 am

Thecondemned wrote:Wow this is some bad advice. You're basically saying he should buy even more nano's than he already has. Cause everything you just said he has to buy cost a small fortune. Nano shops is not necessary at all. I get 45.000xp/day without any nano shops and it's fine. He doesn't need 4 high capacity vaults. He'll have a surplus of population ... Agree about the mega's though ..
And about other nano-units, that's his choice. People who are not in a clan don't care about only the best units, they want to enjoy the game with different units, test other stuff than only mega's and HCT's.

And for the advanced mines etc you're right in my opinion, no need of those. Rank all mines up to 10 and you'll manage just fine.


You start out with "wow this is some bad advice" and then end up agreeing with more than half of what I said? The thread's title is "1250 nanopods". I made something of a more general guide to that amount. Also, this are all suggestions, he can take it or leave it.

Also, what's this " "People who aren't in a clan don't care only about the best units" thing? You're not in a clan only if you don't want to nowadays. Being in a clan doesn't automatically mean you're a BN fiend who lives and breathe only through his/her ipad. It's simply about making the best choices for hard cash. I think there aren't more than 4-5 nano units I *don't* have, I bought at least 1 of everything simply because I still like playing with toy soldiers. That doesn't mean it's the best choice in the world, or that I advise doing it.

As for the rest.

Surplus population is needed for shops to yield some decent star production, and generally for not getting too annoyed over always being out of pop. 45 000 xp/day is not fine if you ever want a combat-usable number of prestige units. This is also why I suggested those nano shops. Really the only essential ones are the HDEs, Cocktail Lounge and Greenhouse. Which add up to, what, 350 nanos? That's not much when you consider the long run.
Image
Support the "Give Us Nano Units Upgrades!" Thread today!
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=46519
User avatar
Mhorhe28
 

Postby Aceypaul » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:39 am

It really depends on his style of gameplay. If he really wants to be PVP'ing alot and needs lots of resources to mass produce, then advanced mines and maybe 3-4 high capacity vaults would be useful (unless he wants to use more population and have more normal mines) as well as getting a decent batch of top units like Megas, Heavy Chems, Salamanders etc

Your really dont HAVE to spend a fortune on nano shops unless your willing to spend the time making your town look nice and the fact you want at least 1 of everything, nano or non-nano.

I have a few nano shops that ive got periodically over time but 80% are resource built shops, farms, fields etc and i can prestige 5 stars normally every 2 days approx. Some probably mass produce stars alot quicker than that but i dont have the time to spend all day on it so I do the 24 hour jobs and come back the next day, collect and watch the XP role in. :)
User avatar
Aceypaul
 

Postby Thecondemned » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:42 am

Mhorhe28 wrote:
Thecondemned wrote:Wow this is some bad advice. You're basically saying he should buy even more nano's than he already has. Cause everything you just said he has to buy cost a small fortune. Nano shops is not necessary at all. I get 45.000xp/day without any nano shops and it's fine. He doesn't need 4 high capacity vaults. He'll have a surplus of population ... Agree about the mega's though ..
And about other nano-units, that's his choice. People who are not in a clan don't care about only the best units, they want to enjoy the game with different units, test other stuff than only mega's and HCT's.

And for the advanced mines etc you're right in my opinion, no need of those. Rank all mines up to 10 and you'll manage just fine.


You start out with "wow this is some bad advice" and then end up agreeing with more than half of what I said? The thread's title is "1250 nanopods". I made something of a more general guide to that amount. Also, this are all suggestions, he can take it or leave it.

Also, what's this " "People who aren't in a clan don't care only about the best units" thing? You're not in a clan only if you don't want to nowadays. Being in a clan doesn't automatically mean you're a BN fiend who lives and breathe only through his/her ipad. It's simply about making the best choices for hard cash. I think there aren't more than 4-5 nano units I *don't* have, I bought at least 1 of everything simply because I still like playing with toy soldiers. That doesn't mean it's the best choice in the world, or that I advise doing it.

As for the rest.

Surplus population is needed for shops to yield some decent star production, and generally for not getting too annoyed over always being out of pop. 45 000 xp/day is not fine if you ever want a combat-usable number of prestige units. This is also why I suggested those nano shops. Really the only essential ones are the HDEs, Cocktail Lounge and Greenhouse. Which add up to, what, 350 nanos? That's not much when you consider the long run.


How much XP do you get a day?
- VR -

BS1 - T7, BS2 - T8, BS3 - T11, BS4 - T10, BS5 - T10, BS6 - T11, BS7 - T12, BS8 - T12
User avatar
Thecondemned
 

PreviousNext

Return to Tips n' Tricks

Password Reset

Enter your username below and an email will be sent with instructions to reset your password.

Please enter a new password. Once you have created a new password you will be able to login to your account again.